[ale] OT: phone tethering is awesome!

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu May 6 22:51:32 EDT 2010

That's surprising to me. My connection is good and the bandwidth is good,
but the latency stinks on cell phones. It takes about 1/5 to 2/5 of a second
for ping on average, compared to 9ms on my cable connection, to ping Google
as an example.

I would imagine that gaming on the cell network would necessarily be higher
latency than on a normal connection. I am pretty sure that back when I was
on a 56kbps connection the latency was better (than today's cell
connections), but I could be wrong.

--
Sent from my ADP1 running Android 2.1