[ale] mtab inconsistancies

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Thu May 6 08:15:17 EDT 2010

I've seen devices that have problems get mounted read only when they
should be read/write.   However, I've not bothered to look at mtab to
see if it was reporting differently than mount.  Usually the issue has
been that there was a disk or filesystem issue that caused the
filesystem to mount read only to prevent further damage.

I've not seen it with an NFS mount though.  I'm wondering if perhaps the
issue is that your fstab is trying to mount it read write and it is
being exported read only or vice versa?