[ale] wireless troubles

Doug McNash dmcnash at charter.net
Wed May 5 20:51:07 EDT 2010

---- Chris Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 10:05 -0400, Geoffrey wrote:
> > Ubuntu 10.4 on a Dell Latitude E6500.
> >
> > Wireless is simply flaky.  Often times after rebooting the wireless card
> > is disabled, even though the physical switch is on. Rebooting will
> > sometimes resolve this issue.
> >
> > Anyone???
> >

> I've seen this behavior on my Aspire D250.  I originally thought
> hardware problem but it only happened under XP.  The light would be on
> but the card could not negotiate with any AP.  Restart did not fix.  I
> had to power down and power up.

This same thing happen last night on my wife's IBM  touchy-feelly pad. Somehow the radio got turned off at some level but not at the switch or at the GUI level.  Despite my many claims that I don't do support and I especially don't do support on Windows Vista she made it clear I would have no peace unless I fixed it.  The last thing she had done was put it in suspend or hibernate modes.

--
doug mcnash