[ale] /etc/mtab

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed May 5 18:47:48 EDT 2010

Yes, I actually wonder myself why the file exists at all. Seems silly on
Linux systems; I would think that it should just be a symlink to
/proc/mounts in any case, because it is really the kernel's job to track
mounts and show state.

It has always bugged me that its there. It bugs me even more than on a
system that only boots ro, with init=/bin/bash, it reads /etc/mtab which is
almost always inaccurate at that point.

--
Sent from my ADP1 running Android 2.1