[ale] "podsafe" and free music

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Wed May 5 07:52:55 EDT 2010

On 05/04/2010 10:24 PM, Larry Johnson wrote:
> I noticed that myself  (I'm a Baroque enthusiast, for mathematical as
> well as aesthetic reasons).  I actually think that underfunded forms
> of music (and art music certainly fits that category) could really
> benefit by the success of this approach.  The symphony orchestras,
> chamber ensembles, etc, can't possibly absorb the number of competent
> musicians produced by the music departments of colleges and
> universities around the country.  This would (to put it in somewhat
> crass form) create a direct marketing opportunity for good classically
> trained musicians.
>
> Larry

I agree, it could be a great platform for them. I had started out at a
young age studying piano. My teacher was heading me down the path of
classical to become a concert pianist. I also had started getting into
Jazz and Blues, then along came high school basketball, and I managed to
mess up my fingers to the point that I just couldn't play piano too
well. I missed the chance of a side route on pipe organ. My teacher had
access to one and he was planning to add in organ training to my agenda.
Oh well,,,,