[ale] Cheap internet

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Sun May 2 14:06:32 EDT 2010

Nope. In fact if you are going to go over the cap, it is the only way to
remain a customer.

Also, they do not touch your network. When they come out, they will have a
Linux netbook that they use to get things coming. I don't know *why* they
require that you use their equipment, but I was told by one support
supervisor that they are looking into some method to do away with that
requirement.  I suspect that it has to do with the fact that static IPs are
limited to a broad geographical region; I think that the static IP is
actually part of a network managed by a router on their net, and their
device creates a tunnel to bring those addresses to you, but I could very
well be wrong.

Thankfully, they are *much* better about support issues than the residential
side is.  And most of them are even willing to give you direct phone numbers
to personally reach them.

  -- Mike

--
Sent from my ADP1 running Android 2.1

On May 2, 2010 1:12 PM, "Chad Huneycutt" <chad.huneycutt at gmail.com> wrote:

I was considering the business class.  Do they care if you aren't
really running a business on it?

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 7:29 PM, Michael Trausch <mike at trausch.us> wrote:
> The cost is an extra $10...

Chad M. Huneycutt