[ale] Cheap internet

Chad Huneycutt chad.huneycutt at gmail.com
Sat May 1 19:22:33 EDT 2010

Clear worked great for me at first, but recently (since January), it
is very hit or miss.  Watching my dd-wrt bandwidth meter, I see my
bandwidth initially spike up to 3 or 4Mbps and dive off to less than
1Mbps; it then bounces around I might average 2Mbps if I am lucky.  It
is not sufficient to maintain my playon connection most of the time.
I am getting ready to go back to comcast (and pay the no-cable tax).

- Chad

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Adric Net <adric at adric.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're doing okay with Clear at the house. Check to see if they cover your locality?
> http://www.clear.com/
>
> I think I have a referral code around here somewhere, so let me know if do sign up :)
> I posted some speed test results awhile back or could run some more. They don't seem to block anything that I've noticed, which is pleasant.
>
> hth,
> adric
>
> On May 1, 2010, at 3:59 PM, Atlanta Geek wrote:
>
>> We are considering cutting out cable TV but still want internet
>> service. We dont have phone service.
>>
>> What options are there in Atlanta for internet service?
>>
>> --
>> http://www.atlantageek.com
>
> Adric Net
> adric at adric.net