[ale] DSL woes

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed Mar 31 15:35:25 EDT 2010

On 03/31/2010 10:32 AM, adrin wrote:
> AT&T is playing with a lot of stuff as of late. Putting us on spam
> filled Yahoo mail severs is just one.  Really sucks when the only
> other option is concast (Actually saw that on a van once and wasn't
> able to get a picture.)

I have mentioned this before, but Comcast's residential services, while
they may be alright for many, are far from ideal.  Between the 250GB cap
that they have on its usage and the idiot front-line technical support
(excluding the "Twitter team"), residential service stinks.

I have to say (again) that I'm *still* absolutely impressed with the
Business class service.  If I have a problem, they fix it.  If I have a
question, they answer it.  If I have a complex routing issue, there are
people that I can call who actually know what the bloody hell I'm
talking about.  I don't need my passwords reset or to be told how to
check my inside wiring, thanks very much.  I do my best to avoid calling
in in the first place, including making sure that the wiring is in as
good a condition as it can be with my limited ability to validate the
wiring.  I can't do signal checks because I don't have the equipment,
but I can certainly make sure that the wires are snug all the way out to
the incoming line from CC.

The people in Business are great.  And even if you're on residential, it
can suck less: the "Twitter team" of Comcast people who, as I understand
it, work at/for the headquarters, are actually quite nice people and
know what they're talking about and can get things done.  I quite often
have less than a 1 hour turnaround on issues that can be fixed quickly
when I get in touch with them.  (In fact, it's become my preferred means
of technical support!)

	--- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch                                    ☎ (404) 492-6475