[ale] cabling and GA

David Ritchie deritchie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 23:08:28 EDT 2010

I think the short answer w.r.t. PI licensing and data collection for
forensics - if you don't have one, don't
be surprised if any lawsuit involving drive contents turn into
expensive discussions of topics including
'chain of custody' and 'hearsay evidence' when you try to submit the
drives as evidence in court - at least
if any of the lawyers involved at at least semi-competent... just my
0.02 worth....

  on the wiring topic - one of the big attractions of fiber
connections is the fact that you don't have to be
licensed to pull it, as there is no risk of electrical shock from a
fiber cable. Strictly speaking, you probably
need to  have at least an LV electrician's license to pull copper
cable (or work under the supervision of someone that does)
particularly in commercial environments. Of course, this is Georgia,
where enforcement of such things varies
by location....

-- Dave