[ale] nvidia news

jrtroberts jrtroberts at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 20:27:05 EDT 2010

This is very interesting.  I will have to see what I can learn.  My
issue is that I am starting to research the use of CUDA/GPU offloading
with blender.  And since Nvidia seems to have the best workstation video
cards hands down, like the quadro fx , quadro plex, and tesla series
cards, I am kinda stuck when it comes to GPU integration into the
rendering pipeline.  So hopefully as long as I am only using the
proprietary drivers and not trying to use anything that creates
conflicts, I should be ok.  Cross my fingers anyway.  And it is kind of
funny that they would stop open source support since the whole CUDA open
source side of their cards relies on the community of users to create
implementations for CUDA to be successful.  Oh well, guess that all
coins have two sides.

Thanks for the update.  Even though Nvidia is not being very friendly,
for the kind of work I want to do they are the best option that I know of.

Joshua