[ale] OT but IT related question regarding certifications

Brandon Checketts brandon at brandonchecketts.com
Mon Mar 29 11:20:15 EDT 2010

I just took the LPIC-1 certification tests this weekend and overall thought that
the tests did a fair job of guaranteeing that the candidate have a basic amount
of technical knowledge and experience.  The LPIC-1 certification just covers
generic tasks though (users, file systems, permissions, etc), and doesn't really
touch on any applications, which is what I think most employers would be
interested in.  From what I can tell LPIC-2 is more intended for that.

I've got some extra vouchers for 10% off the LPI tests if you decide to go that
route.

Thanks,
Brandon Checketts