[ale] OT: Security code on Credit/Debit cards revisited

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed Mar 24 12:49:39 EDT 2010

On 03/24/2010 11:24 AM, Scott Castaline wrote:
> Well I hope y'all feel vindicated as this "RACIST" is removing themself
> from this maillist. Also I may even consider embracing the M$ tax. Thank
> you and have a GREAT
> DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody called you a racist.  However, if that is what you wish to take
from it, be my guest.

I find the fact that people tend to take a singular, logically isolated
statement and go even further with generalization and take the
statements as an attack on their character to be rather saddening.  You
said elsewhere in this thread that "people will find racism in any
statement."  I should hope that is not the case.  But it *does* seem to
be generally true that people will find a personal attack in nearly any
statement, even when one does not actually exist.

	--- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch                                    ☎ (404) 492-6475