[ale] LDAP and System Users/Groups

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Mar 24 10:41:17 EDT 2010

Yeah, so this implies  that your oracle group is a local group with both
ldap and local users in it. So is mine.

On the other hand, we have groups that are both ldap and local. To get
access to the cdrom on a debian system, you add them to the cdrom group.
This would normally be a local group but we created an ldap group for it
too. So when a user logs in, it first checks with ldap to see if they're in
the cdrom group. But they could also be in the local cdrom group.

The original question seemed to be asking if other people have any policies
in this regard. Actually, it never occured to me to create a policy. I've
just been doing what ever is easiest.