[ale] OT: Security code on Credit/Debit cards revisited

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Tue Mar 23 20:08:09 EDT 2010

> 2/18/2010. As a result, I no longer use my Debit card for online
> transactions, currently only PayPal and eventually maybe an actual
> credit card. We pay cash at restaurants especially ones of certain
> nationalities.

I keep and use a true credit card just for online and dubious purchases.
It's now been "absorbed by the borg" twice, Chase appreciates me notifying
them quickly and I have never paid a dime of the bad people's charges.

And as for the persons of certain nationalities / restuarants, it's
usually not the people there, it's now usually the 3rd tier credit card
companies/gateways they are forced to use for processing that are the
big issue. (I had chinese for lunch, sushi for dinner. :)

What keeps credit cards secure: Nothing except that MOST people are
honest, or honest enough, anyway.