[ale] uptime

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed Mar 17 23:32:25 EDT 2010

On 03/17/2010 09:50 PM, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> Oh, it is.  It very much so is.  Just be aware that all of your
> previously unreachable (on IPv4) systems will now have a globally
> addressable address in the IPv6 global unicast address set.

When I install server systems or systems that are otherwise somehow very
important (say, firewalls/router systems) I disable stateless automatic
IPv6 configuration.  There is no point to have it enabled on a server
system and I would argue that it is dangerous to do so.

That said, I think it should be enabled on all systems that users sit
down at, and nets should be monitored for unfamiliar RAs so that they
can be found and removed.

	--- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch                                    ☎ (404) 492-6475