[ale] Do people still roll their own Linux desktops?

Rich Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Wed Mar 17 22:09:02 EDT 2010

I guess I'm rolling my own desktop...homebuilt AMD X2 4200+ (Manchester)/2GB Corsair DDR RAM/250/1000 on an ASUS A8N w/dual XFX 6800 GS GPU's built in 2005.  Running 9.10 at this point but looking to compile my own kernel shortly.  I'm looking at CentOS for the new build and run VM's to replace Windows (until I get Netflix talking to Linux) and whatever else I want to run for a Linux desktop and development environment.  I do graphics, systems and web development so really need the virtualization.  Them's the facts............now back to troubleshooting this Live CD for CentOS which is giving me "grief" at the moment.

Live long and support the Guiness family!    ---R1¢h