[ale] ubuntu users

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Tue Mar 16 14:40:16 EDT 2010

We have a script that is running just fine on RHEL 5.4.  When we run it
on ubunutu (with 'set -x') we get the following error:

+ [ 1 -ne 1 ]
+ dir=all
+ echo Option all is valid...
Option all is valid...
+ cd /esc
+ [ all == all ]
[: 1: all: unexpected operator
+ [ -d all ]
+ echo Apparently all is not checked out. Sorry
Apparently all is not checked out. Sorry

Here is the code in question.  What is wrong with this?

if [ "$dir" == "all" ]
then
     for dir in $DOCS $PERL $WEB $ITPROJECTS $SERVERLOG $DBCONFIG $LOGPRO \
         $SCRIPTS $THIRDPARTY $ONTHEFLY
     do
         if [ -d $dir ]
         then
             echo "Updating $dir..."
             svn update $dir
         else
             echo "Apparently $dir is not checked out. Sorry"
         fi
     done
else
.