[ale] [OT] dsl throughput

Jim Popovitch jimpop at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 22:06:45 EST 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 21:56, Tim Watts <timtw at earthlink.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 21:41 -0500, Ken Cochran wrote:
>> Hmm, interesting viewpoint...  Might I ask why/why not?
>> (Might be nice to have in the ALE archives anyway.)  Thanks, -kc
>>
> Precisely because of the lack of 'change of address' support out there.
> Maybe I'm mistaken but most ISP's don't offer this. Why would they if
> they aren't compelled to do so?

The Comcast droid, that last setup my account, misspelled my last name
on both the auto-provisioned email address and account.  They were
able to update the account but the email they say they can't.  Not
that I care.  CID is also wrong, but I'm OK with that... and VM is in
Spanish which keeps telemarketers at bay for some reason.

-Jim P.