[ale] [OT] ethics and paranoia questions

jcpilman at gmail.com jcpilman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 14:47:35 EST 2010

I work with a proprietary system which has, IMO, limited documentation and
support.  The manufacturer has a forum, but it is closed to only registered
users and it does not get much traffic.  I have been considering hosting an
open, moderated forum to allow the users to discuss issues and hopefully
solve problems.  Naturally, my interest is for the users and the
manufacturer to benefit from better information.  I think I can do this
anonymously, but I'm not sure.  If the manufacturer or my employer finds
out, it would not go well on my annual review.

Do you think there is anything inherently unethical in this effort?

Do you think I can do this without becoming identified?

Sure, this post is very sparse and I can answer some questions.

Thanks
...John