[ale] Linux rescue CD

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Wed Jun 30 17:42:16 EDT 2010

On 06/30/2010 08:37 AM, Larry Johnson wrote:
> I need a live CD to use for basically booting up a machine and doing
> hardware detection and diagnostics.  I can do that with pretty much any
> Linux live CD, but is there a distribution which is particularly well
> suited for this?

I'm seconding James suggestion. I love, love, love SystemRescueCD. I
should probably donate some money to the project. It provides a great
selection of tools [0], a very flexible set of boot options [1], and
fantastic documentation [2].

[0] http://sysresccd.org/System-tools
[1] http://sysresccd.org/Sysresccd-manual-en_Booting_the_CD-ROM
[2] http://sysresccd.org/Online-Manual-EN