[ale] Backup software

scott scott at sboss.net
Wed Jun 30 14:47:27 EDT 2010

are you looking for "backups"?  "disaster recovery"? or "system image"?

mondo works well for recovering a system from a point in time snapshot
of the system (when you did the mondo image create - cant remember the
terminology right now).

mondo is not a backup and recovery tool.

mondo is not for disaster recovery (unless you just want to recovery
from that one time point in time snapshot).

it has been a little while since I used mondo but it has worked well for
me in the past.  target HD doesnt have to be the same size.  It can be
larger or just larger than what you have backed up.

for instance:
current HD = 1Tb drive. But only using 300gig

recovery system doesnt have to have a 1TB drive.  a 320gig drive from
newegg would be fine.  If you are recovering to a non-same-sized drive,
you have to go into the system at recovery time (the one you boot off
of) and change the drive specs before the actual recovery.

scott