[ale] Low cost T1 line.

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Tue Jun 29 20:59:05 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-06-29 at 20:41 -0400, scott mcbrien wrote:
> You don't want a T1, that's 1Mb/s, you can do better with a DSL or
> cable line.

The reason for the T1, as I already mentioned, is as a *backup*
communication source.  I know what 24 DS0 channels amount to.  :-P

The problem is that the only thing there presently is DSL, at 3 Mbps or
6 Mbps, but it's unreliable as $@#%.  So, there needs to be link that is
able to be used to support the office.  While it is there running as a
backup connection, it might as well also be used to run services that
they're running already on their DSL connection; after all, the upstream
of a T1 also beats the best DSL connection there is there by a factor of
3.

	--- Mike