[ale] Aaron Ruscetta please unleash your wrath! - Jim substitutes :-)

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 11:16:01 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:

> windows is good for sheeple

Agreed.

> {macs are good for inDUHviduals who want to be just like everyone else}

The only disagreement I'd have is that there are those of us in a
professional/semiprofessional pursuit other than tech that requires vertical
market software (music and drill design) usually only produced on Windows or
OSX.  When Linux does have an analogue, it is usually quite terrible to use
and work with.  Rather than use Windows, I'd rather use OSX.

Before we hit the "write it yourself" argument, remember that there are
those of us who are not coders (outside of regular sysadmin shell/perl
coding) and can't undertake a project of that magnitude.

> Linux is freedom {from sheeple and inDUHviduals}

As long as you understand that with that freedom many times what you get is
interfaces and design like a developer or engineer would create, not like a
user interface designer would.  Much of the OSS stuff I use in the Linux
world is crazy useful, it's just generally ugly as heck.

> Yay! Freedom!

Yay! Freedom to use the best tool for the job, regardless of the platform!

> I feel better now....

As do I.  :)

--j