[ale] GO Windows!!! ;-)

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Mon Jun 21 16:28:34 EDT 2010

On Mon June 21 2010, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> And when the time comes to upgrade to a new release, most of those 11
> million will just do it over the Internet I assume.  Unlike Windows,
> where most users would never consider upgrading a Netbook from XP to
> Win7, etc.  Its way too hard.

"MOST" windows users, in daysz of olde, if they wanted to upgrade, would
almost always have to get a new box, because the hardware requirements almost
always MADE you get a new box... thinking back... WIn
3.1/98/ME/XP/VISTA/Windows 7.
I have a friend, who MADE his own box, he thought he was cool stuff.. SO he
bought a windows 7 CD, and tried to install it. He is a DJ, with some
specialized Audio hardware, and... lo-and-behold, his audio wouldn't work
under windows 7. last time I talked to him, he reinstalled XP on that box, so
his audio would work..
Linux wouldn't work for him either, because of his specialized audio needs..
At least HE thinks so.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800