[ale] Possible Bad cdrom

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Mon Jun 21 09:29:24 EDT 2010

On Mon June 21 2010, Chris Fowler wrote:
> I've tried to burn two different ISO images on two different pieces of
> media and get that.  I'm thinking that my cdrom could be failing?

you don't say what OS_version, DVD or CD?
I had that issue a while back, and I thought my DVD DOM was going bad. Turns
out I had done an update and I ended up with a very long conversation with
the developer of some software, I forget if it was mkisofs or genisoimage..
I think I ended up switching from makedvd to cdrecord.. but that was a long
time ago.
I still have issue burning at full speed, I have to change from auto to a REAL
slow speed, like 4X for DVDs..
but mine is an older slower DVD.
--
Paul Cartwright