[ale] [OT] A vent and whine - ignore with dignity

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 21:59:41 EDT 2010

Ha, ha! If it makes you feel any better, I was vying for symmetric 10Mbps
about 10 years ago but bellsouth backed down on the fiber line run. They ran
the conduit and installed a new "green pole" at my driveway and wimped out
on the headend costs. At that time I had dual 64k ISDN and a new DSL line
was installed instead. I think I got 1M/128k for half the cost of the dual
ISDN.

It really does matter what that last mile is. Being "too far out" has it's
ups and downs. Yours are slow :-)

Look at bonding a pair of those lines using the routing features in a linux
firewall box.

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 8:25 PM, Tom Freeman <tfreeman at intel.digichem.net>wrote:

> Being immensely childish at this point - picture a grandparent on the
> floor screaming, crying, pounding fists and feet against the floor, to
> tune of "I hate you I hate you I hate you". 8-)
>
> That's me (10/3M vs 144k symmetric - sheesh!)
>
> On 06/19/2010 04:34:51 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> > I've got a dsl with 10M/3M. Rock solid reliable.
> >
> > On Jun 19, 2010 3:42 PM, "Tom Freeman" <tfreeman at intel.digichem.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Jim
> >
> > Being snoopy - but what is your SpeakEasy bandwidth? Won't do me a
> > lick
> > of good, but I'm nosy.
> >
> > Feel free to not respond.
> >

> > On 06/19/2010 01:41:06 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> > > I feel your frustration, brother. I can chop my bill...
> > ------quoted attachment------

James P. Kinney III
Doing pretty well on all 3 pursuits

 Faith is a cop-out. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by
faith, then you are conceding that it can’t be taken on its own merits.
   Dan Barker, "Losing Faith in Faith", 1992