[ale] OT: BSOD

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 12:08:37 EDT 2010

XP disk doesn't like the chip set on the mobo.  Original install was likely
a drive image.

nuke the disk anyway out of spite :-)

This would be a good excuse to have squid and squidguard running as a block
against that machine hitting the web without explicit approval.

And tell the kids that virus removal costs 3 weeks of dishwasher duty. :-)

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 11:29 AM, C Hendry <gchendry at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Thanks for the responses so  far.
>
> What puzzles me is that if the problem is the HD or what is on or not on
> the HD,
>
> then why when booting from a Windows CD, do I get a BSOD even when I
> totally unplug the HD from the system (both the Power and Data cable)?
>

> Chris

James P. Kinney III
Doing pretty well on all 3 pursuits

 Faith is a cop-out. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by
faith, then you are conceding that it can’t be taken on its own merits.
   Dan Barker, "Losing Faith in Faith", 1992