[ale] OT: Source for Pigtail RP-SMA connectors

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Jun 7 13:15:10 EDT 2010

I could not figure out the "purpose" of the RP-SMA

Wikipedia:
RP-SMA connectors are widely used by Wi-Fi equipment manufacturers to
comply with specific local regulations {Section 15.203 Antenna
requirement}, e.g. the FCC, which are designed to make it difficult for
consumers to connect antennas with gain and thereby breach compliance.

I thought Part 15 supports some minor gain enhancements.  If you aer
adding a 12 element 2.4gHz beam then you are breaking Part 15 :)

All the connectors are annoying.  It is so bad that I can purchase a
pack of adapters for all types for a little over $100.