[ale] Cacheing-only nameserver on router

Ken Cochran kwc at TheWorld.com
Fri Jun 4 11:44:32 EDT 2010

Hey folks, any pointers (info, articles, links, docs) on how
to "do" a caching-only nameserver on a router box?  OpenWRT?
DD-Wrt?  Tomato?  I know how to do that on a "regular" Linux/BSD
system but what I've used for that over the years is (hopefully
only temporarily) down.  Umm, is there a router image that'll
turn the thing into a system I can ssh into and configure/manage
as I would a "real" machine (from the command-line)?  Sorta a
"corollary:" Will a cache-only nameserver work if that system is
on the "inside" LAN & not the router/gateway box?  Thanks, -kc