[ale] skype video

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Fri Jun 4 08:18:24 EDT 2010

On Fri June 4 2010, Jim Kinney wrote:
> LD_PRELOAD is an environment variable. I exported that and launched skype.
>
> success.
>
> So I put it in a script and mad a launcher button (with a mutated skype
> icon).
>
> the compat and convert libs are part of the libv4l package in Fedora 13.

for Debian, the package ( that I did not have installed) is libv4l-0 .
still , after export both of those PRELOAD statements, no joy with Ekiga. I
don't see a way to test Skype's video setup.  How else would I test my web
cam?
lsusb shows:
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 05a9:a511 OmniVision Technologies, Inc. OV511+ Webcam

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800