[ale] windows virus?

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 19:00:59 EDT 2010

Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Thu June 3 2010, Preston Boyington wrote:
>> I have to admit that I'm curious about the whole thing.  I wasn't sure
>> if there was a dual-boot and WINE was used to run a program in the
>> Windows directory that activated the malware OR if it was something that
>> installed itself via the webbrowser from a site someplace.

> my desktop is dual boot, but I haven't booted windows since... Jan 2009 ?
> I mounted that partition, here is part of the listing:
>
> dr-x------  1 root root          0 Jan 16  2009 Config.Msi
> dr-x------  1 root root      24576 Jan 16  2009 Program Files
> -r--------  1 root root 2145386496 Jan 16  2009 pagefile.sys
> -r--------  1 root root 2145300480 Jan 16  2009 hiberfil.sys
> dr-x------  1 root root     122880 Jan 16  2009 WINDOWS

on a different note, is that a 'hibernation' file?  does your Linux
system gripe about mounting the partition?  i ask because my netbook
wouldn't allow me to copy over files to my NTFS partition because
Windows had not been shutdown (as opposed to it going into
suspend/hibernation) correctly.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/