[ale] BP knew of problems 11 months before the rig blew - further OT

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 16:51:51 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Greg Clifton <gccfof5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Obviously snipers were deployed in case it was a Korean/Al Qaeda, etc.
> terrorist action, so as to prevent another rig from being taken down. Now if
> this affair hasn't given ideas of how to wreck the US economy to those who
> might care to do so, they must be taking a Rip van Winkle style nap. How
> many hundreds of active wells do we have in the gulf? Hopefully those have
> better failsafe cutoff valves.
>
> Might be time to do some record checking on the engineering tests. Not that
I suspect imminent danger from a goon squad...

What's the lifespan of an oil rig? How do they change out failed parts on
the head? What about those underwater?

How is an old offshore rig shut down when it's time? How is the hole
permanently plugged?

James P. Kinney III
Doing pretty well on all 3 pursuits