[ale] Who is the contact for ALF

David Tomaschik david at tuxteam.com
Tue Jul 27 19:41:16 EDT 2010

To shed a little more light on it: it was, as alluded to below,
essentially a rate of growth that exceeded our capabilities.  There were
about 5 of us working on different aspects, but between about 3 people
changing jobs and the rate at which things were growing, we just ran
into a lot of issues.  I'd personally like to move forward and work with
the SELF organizers.  I'd like to bring it to Atlanta (I think it makes
sense given Atlanta's position as a travel and technology hub for the
Southeast), but that's of course up to the core SELF organizers.

I'm interested in attempting to organize a mini-conference of some sort
in Atlanta for the fall: nothing on the scale of ALF, but more of a
grassroots event like the first ALF.  (This would probably coincide with
the release of Ubuntu 10.10/Maverick, and it might be around the release
of RHEL 6, but I haven't seen their release schedule yet.)  I'm
interested in any thoughts anyone on the list has with regard to this.

David

--
David Tomaschik, RHCE
Ubuntu Community Member