[ale] Who is the contact for ALF

m-aaron-r aaron at pd.org
Tue Jul 27 14:22:03 EDT 2010

On 2010/07/27, at 09:38 , wolf at wolfhalton.info wrote:

> I notice that registration is not yet open for 2010 and there is
> no contact info on the http://atlantalinuxfest.org/ site.

Nick Ali and Jim Popovitch and a couple other folks from the
Ubuntu GA Loco were the movers and shakers behind the
Atlanta Linux Fest.

In speaking with Nick a couple months back (while picking
up his gift of a couple hundred Ubuntu 10.04 disks for the
ALE group) he said that the group couldn't assemble the time
and energy needed to run another ALF this year given that
they would likely be dealing with another thousand or more
attendees.  Last year was just too successful, perhaps...

He also shared that the ALF group is talking with the folks
who organize the South Eastern Linux Fest about combining
their efforts, sharing the work load, and possibly hosting the
SELF show in Atlanta as a bigger and more accessible event.

HTH!
peace
aaron

PS:  I shared this info at the last couple ALE meetings.
I understand that some folk's schedules make attending
meetings difficult, but if you can show up there you don't
need to wait for the memos. :-)