[ale] Planned obsolescence / Computers for Schools

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sat Jul 24 10:22:44 EDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-07-24 at 09:48 -0400, George Allen wrote:
> There was
> also a storefront with racks/bins of many parts, in case you needed
> something for an old Sun or DEC or a 300 baud modem for some reason,
> and a computer museum in the back of all the interesting boat-anchors
> they'd found.

This reminded me of a place around the 285/I-85 north intersection where
I got a bunch of old goodies.  I forgot what the purpose of this place
was but they allowed me and a friend go into the back room and go
through all their junk.  We purchased some arcnet cards and a passive
arcnet hub.   We took the goodies back to our apartment and setup a
network using the spare pairs of the CAT-3 used for telephone service.