[ale] skype

drifter drifter at oppositelock.org
Thu Jul 22 16:09:05 EDT 2010

Skype was working well on a FC11 box.
Ran it with the following command: artsdsp -m ./skype

No longer sure what-all that command does or where I found
it, but it worked.

Upgraded to a beta 2.1.0.81 (with no choice on the download for
the earlier, non-beta version) and now the sound doesn't work.
Skype's options page only lists pulse-audio as a sound driver and I
no longer have pulse audio on this box.  If it is hiding somewhere, yum -
list can't find it.  Audio out no longer works through my Logitech
camera/microphone. For that matter the video doesn't work any more either,
but at least Skype seems to know the camera is there.  Tried running
Skype with and without the extra command -- no difference: still no
audio-out and no video.

Skype's own web page has offered no help.

Does anyone have any idea where the log file for this app might be hiding?

Sean