[ale] Free, trustworthy, anti-virus software

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 13:59:44 EDT 2010

Ken Cochran wrote:
> So AVG kinda drank the kool-aid & got big, fat & slow, & lotsa
> tentacles a la the Big Two "retail" AV suites?  Been looking
> for alternatives to them myself kinda...  -kc

I put Avira on a computer a friend uses.  it will give you a single nag
when the definitions update, but press 'ok' and it goes away.

I really like their 'Rescue CD' which is linux based.  :)

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/