[ale] man man

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 10:53:05 EDT 2010

This is probably a terminal emulator thing. Basically, if your
terminal emulator supports storing, and re-storing, the screen then
`more`, `less`, and `most` are going to take advantage of it.

I think the best way around this is to use `screen` [1]. Then you can
split your terminal window horizontally. Then you can use the top half
for your man page view and the bottom half for your terminal input.

If you have never used screen before you might want to grab my
screenrc [2]. I have re-bound the keys for splitting to something that
makes sense. "Ctrl-a s" to create a split and "Ctrl-a S" to remove a
split. A quick screen tutorial can be read at [3].

[1] -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Screen
[2] -- http://bitbucket.org/jsumners/rcfiles/src/tip/screenrc
[3] -- http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2004/3/9/16838/14935