[ale] man man

Dylan Northrup ale at doc-x.net
Mon Jul 19 10:41:17 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 10:13 AM, <jcpilman at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I'm reading a man page and press 'q' to exit to the command prompt,
> the man page information is cleared.  Is there a quit command that will
> leave up the part of the man page information that is displayed at that
> time?  I've looked for the answer in 'man', less' and 'more.'

It's likely you're using 'less' as your man page viewer.  To change this
behavior you've got two options.

1. Change PAGER to 'more' (or some other viewer that doesn't clear the
screen)

2. Change PAGER to 'less -X' which should suppress less' clearing of the
screen when it exits.

Hope this helps.

--
Dylan Northrup
"Adversity is just change we haven't adapted ourselves to yet."