[ale] droid bricks if mod'ed

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 17:32:40 EDT 2010

Jim,

I quite agree that the "If you pry we fry" approach IS just plain evil. I
vote (with no evidence for backup) for the concept that the milestone
referred to is the "pre-release" version of the Droid. I can see some
justification for a manufacturer wanting a "kill switch" on a pre-production
product to keep the competition among others from figuring out all the
capabilities of the phone before it hits the market. The recent i-phone
incident in the bar comes to mind. Something like that I could live with,
but killing a rather expensive toy that I bought and paid for specifically
BECAUSE it is supposed to be open and free when I try to enhance it, would
not sit well.