[ale] And now, on topic - laptop hardware recommendations

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Mon Jul 12 10:28:05 EDT 2010

I third/fourth the Dell recommendation, although they recently got into
trouble for shipping bad motherboards on the Optiplex:

http://gizmodo.com/5576237/dell-knowingly-sold-118-million-computers-with-a-97-failure-rate

I'm about to buy a netbook for my daughter (her 2+ yr old eeePC was
killed by a 40+ lb backpack that dropped on top of it at the end of this
school year...), and I checked out Consumer reports and they said what I
felt, the two best choices are still the eeePC and the Dell Mini, I'm
going to get one of those for her.

Daniel