[ale] Off topic - And now, Arizona

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 20:53:17 EDT 2010

I agree. Monorail has been discussed here many times and appears to be a
more cost effective solution for TCO per mile. Plus I've stood under the
monorail at Disney as it blasts by and the damn thing is QUIET! I've stood
under a MARTA line and the "L" train in Chicago and they are quite the
opposite in terms of noise pollution. Noisy makes for unhappy neighbors =
lower property values = bad idea.

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Jeff Hubbs <jhubbslist at att.net> wrote:

>  On 7/10/10 8:04 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> >
> > Rubber tires on elevated trains are quite and won't require chopping
> > up neighbourhoods. The area under the rails become a long series of
> > parks or if high enough no change under the rails. Who ever's backyard
> > _will_ gripe and move and the next owner will be happy.
> I still think monorail would give us more right-of-way flexibility and
> cost less per mile of line, but more people make more money from heavy
> rail (sigh).

James P. Kinney III
Doing pretty well on all 3 pursuits

  Faith is a cop-out. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by
faith, then you are conceding that it can’t be taken on its own merits.
    Dan Barker, "Losing Faith in Faith", 1992