[ale] Off topic - And now, Arizona

Larry Johnson larryfeltonjohnson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 18:47:12 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer at gmail.com>wrote:

> Well, I'm solidly to the right, but I agree the destruction of major
> portions of Atlanta just to connect 675 and 400 is crazy.
>
> I even agree the earth is 4 billion years old.
>
> Neither of those seem like left / right issues.  (Or do you think
> everyone on the right is a young earther that wants to pave over the
> world.)
>
> Greg

I certainly hope not, but from where I sit in the path of what passes for
"progress" in suburban Atlanta it often seems to me that a committment to
paving the earth is a prerequisite for being among the Boortz and Beck
crowd.  I do think a significant minority of the Right believe that the
earth is somewhat older than 8,000 years.  I also believe a somewhat smaller
percentage of the right may have some understanding of why a CO-2 molecule
behaves differently from water vapor in the atmosphere.  I'm not sure of
that, but hope springs eternal :-)

Larry

--
"I see design standards that don't tell you how to come up with a good
design (only how to write it down), employee evaluation standards that don't

                                     Tom DeMarco
                                      Slack