[ale] I am so tired of Linux Fanatics

Michael Potter michael at potter.name
Thu Jul 8 01:26:12 EDT 2010

I think it would be helpful if newbies had templates on which to base their
questions.
Perhaps something like this:

Hi,

I am trying to XXXX, but not having any luck.

I am getting this error message/unexpected behavior when I YYYYYY.
"Some error message or unexpected behavior message here"

I have search for an answer using these terms on google and have not found
an answer:
x, y, z.

Could someone point me to the right documentation or alternative google
terms that might help me?

Thanks,
--
Norman Newbie

We could probably come up with a dozen templates

I also would find it helpful if the knowledgable people would not answer
questions in the thread, but point the OP to the documentation that answers
the question.  That way there are more pointers to the documentation and the
next noob will find the doc before posting.

--
Michael Potter