[ale] encryption question

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 18:19:24 EDT 2010

The difference is that the file system is managed by the kernel, and
lower level user programs, while individual files, and KDE, are
managed by higher level utilities. In other words, there is some
background program that is independent of KDE which encrypts your file
system. The individual file you wanted to decrypt had been encrypted
with something else at a higher abstraction level (e.g. Kgpg).