[ale] Linux rescue CD

Larry Johnson larryfeltonjohnson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 11:57:34 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Chris Fowler
<cfowler at outpostsentinel.com>wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 10:20 -0400, Larry Johnson wrote:
> > It isn't specifically a rescue disk (and may lack some diagnostic
> > tools) but have you tried Damned Small Linux.  It's at
> > http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/
>
> I have a while back.  My bench monitor is a paper-white VGA.  I need CLI
> only.

I just noticed this from the niche distribution thread.  The GUI version can
run in 10 MB, and the CLI in 6 MB.  I think I need to spend some time this
weekend trying out some of these distros.  Small is Beautiful.

http://www.tinycorelinux.com/

Larry

--
"I see design standards that don't tell you how to come up with a good
design (only how to write it down), employee evaluation standards that don't

                                    Tom DeMarco
                                     Slack