[ale] tutorial/presentation on Ubuntu Studio

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Fri Jan 29 15:02:24 EST 2010

Folks, has anyone in ALE given a talk or tutorial on Ubuntu Studio, or
know of one that exists somewhere?  I don't see anything on it in our
archives on quick scan.  Googling gives one talk given in vancouver on
it [0] but no slides from the presentation.

Reason is that I just set up my niece's new laptop for starting college
at MTSU, in their department of recording industry, as a dual boot
Win7/Ubuntu Studio machine, and I'm looking for some info to get her
started on the latter.  She's been using Xubuntu on an old laptop I gave
her for over a year now, but this is a new, fast, dual core laptop from
the family so it should be more than capable of doing great things in
Ubuntu Studio.  Any pointers?  TIA, Daniel

[0] http://greyrockstudio.blogspot.com/