[ale] If you're not going to Central ALE tonight...

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Fri Jan 22 14:33:40 EST 2010

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010, david w. millians wrote:
> Aha, as opposed to Classic Hackers UGA Linux Users Group, which has been
> around since at least 1998. Sadly, no beer is involved nowadays...

1999 is when we changed the name, from < 1990 to 1999 it was "CHIA"
First named to what we did to resturaunt tables.. Chia them together
and grow like a Chia Pet, which became the CHattanooga Internet Assoc..
which became Chugalug, although a very elite invite only chia@?????
mailing list still exists, it's more a collection of trusted old friends.

Lunch Lug-ish meetings are awesome, they vary a lot in casual focus and
topic but you get to know each other, talk, scrap, chat, and share,
and I had a beer for lunch.

Todays topics included finding paying work (freelance IT guys were there),
VMware, pfSense, Nagios, GeoIP.. and the really cute waitress.