[ale] Can I Have Both ALSA & PulseAudio Installed?

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 14:18:28 EST 2010

Hi,

I've recently installed Boxee for Fedora 12 x86_64. It's not an official
release from Boxee so not everything works. The maintainer did say something
about not being able to use PulseAudio and I'd have to use ALSA. I'm not
sure that I'm comfortable with that. Only because I don't fully understand
the modular aspect of Linux. Ever since I started using Fedora, I've used
the default setup. So; I only know PulseAudio.

So; now seems like a great time to venture out. I'll do some more research,
but I wanted to get your perspective on it. Can I have both audio packages
installed and simply switch between them both or are they territorial?
Thanks.

http://www.fergytech.com/2010/01/boxee-rpm-available-for-fedora-12/

--
Marc Ferguson

www.fergytech.com
www.digitalalias.net

"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!"