[ale] IMAP Sync

Fri Jan 22 06:37:44 EST 2010

The registrar thread is touching on this, but I think this topic (and
at least 3 others in that thread) deserves its own discussion.

I have accomplished this in the past by fetching and forwarding.
However, when you do that the headers are altered and each email shows
a clear trail of what has happened. The nice thing about this method
is that it could be used for POP3 to POP3 or any combination of POP3
and IMAP.

What I'd like to see is a tool that connects to one IMAP server and
pulls a message down and connects to another and pushes it up. If this
is done with no MTA involved, I don't believe the message would be
altered. Is this true? How would you implement it?

--
Sent from my mobile device

.!# RichardBronosky #!.